THE MOUNT GILEAD PUBLIC LIBRARY
Policy Concerning Use of the Community Meeting Room in the Library Annex
The Community Meeting Room in the lower level of the Library Annex is available on a first-come-first-served basis to groups or individuals for non-profit civic, educational and cultural use. Use requires submitting an application which can be obtained at the library and compliance with the following:
1. The person reserving the room must be 21 years of age or over. An adult must be present at all times when the room is being used.
2. You must present your library card at the Circulation Desk on the second floor to secure the key for the room. The key may be returned in the book drop located on the east side of the library.
3. Library sponsored programs will receive first priority.
4. No sales programs may be conducted unless specifically approved by the Library Trustees. (There is a $25.00 fee for profit organizations.)
5. Neither alcohol nor tobacco are to be used on library premises.
6. No push-pins, tape, or staples are to be affixed to walls, ceilings or light fixtures.
7. Permission to use the meeting room does not imply endorsement of the group's policies or beliefs. No non-library group using the room may publicize its meeting in such a way as to imply library sponsorship of the group's activities.
8. If a meeting is postponed or cancelled, the library should be notified as soon as possible so the time may be made available to another group.
9. The library is not liable for injuries to users and it assumes no responsibility for personal property brought to the premises and used there.
10. The meeting room is to be left in a clean condition. In case of damage or disfigurement of walls or destruction of library property, a minimum charge of $55.00 will be levied. Users will please give attention to food and beverage spills. All trash should be removed and placed in the dumpster outside the building.
11. All lights should be turned off and restrooms checked for running water before leaving the building.
12. The Library Board of Trustees shall be the final authority in granting or refusing permission for use of the Community Meeting Room.